Sunday, December 28, 2008

Yea!! My internet's back!!

Through a miscommunication with the folks at Comcast, I was sans innernets for almost a week! But, the good news? Didn't pay a dime for the last month of service. :)

Last night, went to see The Nutcracker at McCaw Hall; it was gorgeous!! A weird story, to be true, but wow! Just amazing. The sets were done by Maurice Sendak, apparently 25 years ago- but there were so many pieces to it... very cool. There was one part where I just kept looking at how the tutus were constructed, so I could make one myself! They were layers of yellow, light green, and pink tulle, with some pieces of fabric layered under the top one almost like really big ribbons. I decided that the reason I liked them so much was that they were kind of like cupcakes! The snow scene was beautiful too; I tried to paste a picture here, but it won't work.
http://www.pnb.org/

Now I'm making piles of pirate cookies (pecans, coconut, and RUM). Mmmm.... :)

1 comment:

illahee said...

i love the PNB's nutcracker. i saw it three years ago when home for christmas.